Interior architecture in Shaftesbury and London
Garnham Wright Associates have a keen interest in architectural history, period features and the vernacular use of materials in traditional buildings.
We have worked on many different historic and listed buildings from medieval and gothic to Georgian, Victorian and Edwardian and it is always fascinating tracing the history of the buildings and the changes they have undergone through time.
It is often the case that buildings have been adapted and extended in different historical periods to suit the needs and preferences of the owners and we enjoy the challenge of respecting this historical context when designing alterations and adaptations for modern use.
Our work has been featured in a number of specialist publications as well as in Pevsner’s “The Buildings of England”.
We often work alongside other specialists and consultants and can recommend skilled craftsmen for both new and restoration work. Our client base for this type of work includes private house owners and commercial organisations, as well as architects, interior designers and contractors.
The additional services we provide in connection with interior architecture include detailed drawings for special architectural features such as:
- Fire surround designs
- Panelling, stair & balustrade details
- Bespoke design for loose furniture including tables & chairs
- Fitted joinery for kitchens, bathrooms, dressing rooms & library fittings
- Church joinery including: choir screens, confessionals & other fitted joinery
- Door & window joinery including: shutter boxes & surrounds, architraves & door cases
- Columns & pilasters, decorative plaster profiles & stone detailsWe also provide measured survey drawings of existing interiors including room plans and sectional elevations and details of existing architectural features. These can be used as historical record drawings, as may be required by English Heritage and also provide the base drawings for presenting interior design scheme proposals.From our measured survey drawings we can also provide framed architectural house portraits.
Our interior design services include:
- Furniture and fitting design
- Joinery drawings for special architectural features and fittings
- Advice on the purchase of works of art and architectural fittings such as fireplaces
- Specification of interior finishes & fittings and loose furnishings
Please contact us if you would like to meet us to discuss your requirements.